Anyone who knows me knows how much I love to travel. I love traveling by plane, train or car. Visiting somewhere new is almost magical to me and reminds me so much of my childhood. My father was posted to CFB Baden-Söllingen in Germany. We moved there when I was 5 in 1985 until I was 11 in 1991. During our time there my parents decided that they were going to travel with me as much as possible and show me as much of Europe as they could at the time. This was still at a time when the Berlin wall was still up and we could not really travel as easily to certain places like East Germany, Poland, Yugoslavia, etc. I enjoyed it. I remember camping in Italy, skiing in Switzerland and Vacationing all over.
I decided in honor of this and because my husband has only been as far as Bar Harbor, Maine and New Brunswick that I want to make a list of 10 places I really want to visit. These are not places I have asked him about this is just all me. Places I have always wanted to visit even long before him. I am hoping to get myself a travel rewards credit card through work one of these days since it has all the insurance coverage’s and I can earn rewards towards traveling and when buying tickets.
- The British Isles – England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales have always been a place I want to visit more then anything. I have only ever been in an airport in England, Heathrow Airport in London. I have never been outside the airport.
- St Pierre et Miquelon – This is a little archipelago south of Newfoundland here in the Maritimes which is a French Island. Like a little piece of Europe off the east coast of Canada. I really really want to take a trip here next summer.
- Australia & New Zealand – A big one for me! I have always wanted to visit both countries. I have never been and would love to visit and explore.
- Sweden, Norway & Finland – Sweden, the home of the lovely Susanne, with whom I have been talking to for years online. I am in love with her pictures of her homeland and also her pictures of Ireland which has made me want to go to both places even more. I also want to visit Norway & Finland as well.
- Cuba – My husbands parents used to go to Cuba every year and I have heard them talk about how beautiful it is there and how wonderful the people are and I have fallen in love with their stories of the country. Both Edward and I really want to go.
- Florida/Universal Studios/Legoland – Okay so this is a place I have been to once with my parents. We traveled all down the east coast of the US and I loved it and in Florida I loved Disney World. I would love to go back with Edward and visit Universal Studios and Legoland as well sine I never got to visit them on only visisted the Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Typhoon Lagon (which I loved more then Magic Kingdom btw). I am a huge fan of Disney.
- Europe – Again a place I have been before but so badly want to go back. I really want to travel through Europe during the summer months. I want to see how much it has changed since I lived there and want to revisit a lot of places from my childhood.
- Africa – I have always wanted to visit Africa and go on an African Safari tour and take pictures and see some animals I have only ever seen in zoo’s or not at all.
I had planned to make this a 10 country list but since I kind of lumped some of them together it didn’t quite work out that way. Either way. These are the places I would really love to go. Where would you love to go?