I want to start posting doing a post each month about my goals for the following month and pick 3 goals that I would like to achieve for the coming month. I would also like to do a post as well at the end of the month of a monthly recap of 3 things that have happened in my life over the last month. I have created a category for each.
Here is a recap of what happened in April.
Going back to work – So I started off April on Short Term Disability after having my wisdom teeth removed at the end of March and getting a dry socket. I started back to work half way through April on the 15th. My return was uneventful other then the fact that I didn’t get paid for a week because someone at work didn’t get me changed from unpaid STD to paid STD after my claim was approved on time. I was supposed to get paid the extra week this past Thursday and didn’t. I called HR and they advised I would get it on my next pay on May 10th but I have rent to pay and bills coming out automatically. After talking to them they advanced me 60% of what they owed me on May 10th on Friday and I will get the other 40% on May 10th. At least we were able to pay everything on time and are not behind on anything but it still kinda sucked and required borrowing a little from my mom to make that happen. So now we have to pay her back
Edward broke a tooth – So my husband somehow broke a tooth a week ago or so on a plastic bottle (like a pop bottle). No idea how really. He says he just hit it off the top of the bottle when taking a sip. He ended up going a week with a broken tooth. Luckily for him it didn’t hurt at all and no bleeding. It also didn’t end up costing much to fix surprisingly. Yay for 90% dental coverage! He ended up getting it fixed a few days ago and you can not even tell he did it. He also got a few cavities filled while they were at it.
I started taking the bus to work – Yep. I did. Nothing wrong with the car. It’s just to expensive to park downtown. I think I mentioned this in a post but to me its a big thing. I have anxiety and have panic attacks from time to time and buses have always been a place I have been very uneasy. I do not like crowds and I am also claustrophobic and when the bus is full (which thankfully it hasn’t been too bad due to the time I go to and from work) it makes me really uneasy. I have had panic attacks on the bus before and was of the main reasons I first got a car because I was so uneasy and felt trapped. For me taking the bus is a big step in overcoming all that. I have been medication free for years (well as far as my depression & anxiety, obviously I’m on insulin) and I was concerned I might not be able to handle it and was scared it might trigger bad memories but I am actually quite enjoying it really.